PACKAGE HK$1.5m – 2million
Our client is the leading provider of data centres in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Due expansion primarily in Hong Kong they have a need for an experienced data centre construction professional to manage capital projects.
The corporate organisational structure is matrix based with the incumbent being accountable for supporting the Construction Director Asia Pacific and the Hong Kong Project Director in the delivery of approved projects. The jobholder will interact fully with the Asia-Pacific Technical and Development Managers, clients, client’s representatives, consultants and contractors in accordance with our policies, systems, processes and procedures.
Purpose of job
The role will be responsible for over viewing the construction and Capital expenditure works for Data Centres in Asia-Pacific and specifically the construction of the Hong Kong Data Centre. The role will be based in Hong Kong and may require work at other Data Centres as required. The job holder must be willing to travel within the Asia-Pacific region on relatively short notice to fulfill the role.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To implement, and standardise as far as practically possible, highest standards of cost, quality and programme control throughout the design and build phases of multiple projects in multiple countries in Asia-Pacific.
- Advise and lead in contract negotiations to determine design and construction programme and costs, while always ensuring that the highest quality of service is procured.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Identify, track, pursue and close out business and project risks
- Identify, track and pursue opportunities to innovate design, de-rsk programme, manage budget and project quality delivery
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems and ultimately ensure execution of the construction plan/programme.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Play a supporting role in the delivery of the M&E design and assist with M&E Consultants in achieving cost effective and resilient infrastructures on each site they work on.
- Conduct regular project review meetings with Project and Construction consultants and contractors both on and off site.
- Assist in the development of project management systems, procedures and processes to ensure that external consultants and the internal team interface in the successful completion of the project.
Advise and maintain standards for monitoring design and construction programme, cost control and project information systems to ensure successful project delivery.
- Prepare fortnightly and monthly reports based on agreed standard formats that demonstrate and provide accurate information to the Senior Management team regarding projects currently in execution and that they are being managed for a successful outcome (including relevant financial and cash-flow reports).
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local permitting and government/local authority regulations.
- Together with local construction and fit out teams ensure all project plans and information are properly communicated and understood by all relevant staff including costs, design schedules, procurement, construction issues, M&E technical data, construction issues, contractor invoices and payments, funding requirements, change order notifications and any other issues that might materially affect the construction progress of each project.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues and deficiencies and develop and implement contingency plans to recover project costs and schedule slippage when appropriate.
- Ensure the proper and complete handover of the completed works to the operations teams.
- Participate in a culture of a teamwork and continuous improvement.
Responsible for implementing modern project management and quality assurance techniques.
- Works closely with the Development Managers, Technical Directors, Regional Construction Managers, Site Operations Managers, Facility Managers / Supervisors and rollout team regarding the design, construction and progress of the works.
- Regular liaison with consultants and power authorities to ensure correct design and implementation of electricity supply.
- The role will have a strong focus on contractor management and performance, establishing and managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure GS policies and procedures are followed
- Works out how to apply concepts in a practical way.
- Thinks through how things can work better and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Understands all aspects of a problem and thinks things through logically.
- Holds a strong level of attention to detail.
- Strives to provide first class results every time.
- Takes a pride in the delivery of a project on an operational site.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things right.
- Ensures that every element of the job is carried out to the highest possible standard.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements
- Recommends realistic ways of implementing improvements.
- Is responsive and adaptable to changing company needs.
- Is willing to travel at reasonable short notice.
- Relates well to other people - both Global Switch and external Consultants and Contractors.
- Able to develop good quality working relationships.
Qualifications and experience
|Essential Skills and Knowledge||Desirable Skills and Knowledge|
|Essential Qualifications:||Desirable Qualifications:|
Please send your CV to email@example.com