Our client is a leading main contractor who are currently engaged in the construction of a government led iconic and international mixed-use destination encompassing arts, entertainment, education and public spaces including museums, pavilions and theatres.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the overall construction of the project and its resources according to the strategic direction set by the client. He/she will provide leadership in efficient management of projects and in meeting construction, design, safety, environment and quality objectives and advise and support Contracts Manager / Construction Managers and consultants.
- Ensure compliance and enforcement with all necessary procedural requirements to support construction safety requirements, design requirements, programme expectations, cost estimates and high quality work requirements;
- Ensure that systems and standards are introduced on all projects as well as joint venture projects;
- Enhance, recommend and implement policies, procedures and systems to improve the overall operation and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with stakeholders including but not limited to shareholders, business partners and authorities;
- Set, monitor and control operational budgets and risk management;
- Review and verify contract documents of projects for completeness;
- Nominate project team leaders.
- Approve all claims and variation orders submissions.
- Provide training and support on critical processes.
|Qualification / Experience (All of the below are essential)|
- A degree holder in Civil or Structural Engineering disciplines preferably with Professional membership of recognized Engineering Institute.
- Currently taking a position as a Project Director in a large main contractor.
- 20 years’ experience in construction of large scale complex buildings with at least 3 years experience in Hong Kong. preferably with Class A contractor experience spanning similar projects mentioned above.
- A thorough understanding of construction and building legal and statutory requirements
- Strong connections with supply chain, including clients, consultants and subcontractors.
- Conversant with labour issues and market trends in Hong Kong construction.
- Native English speaker
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org