Our client is a leading international contractor
The candidate will be primarily responsible for the overall management of the operation and its resources according to the strategic direction set by the Exco. He/she will provide leadership in efficient management of projects and in meeting profit, safety, environment and quality objectives and advise and support Contracts Manager / Construction Managers on the effective use of quality management system. He/she is also required to acquire new projects and approve tenders and subcontracts within limits of authority.
- Develop long-term and short-term plans for the division;
- Ensure compliance and enforcement with all necessary procedural requirements to support construction safety requirements, design requirements, programme expectations, cost estimates and high quality work requirements;
- Ensure that systems and standards are introduced on all projects as well as joint venture projects;
- Enhance, recommend and implement policies, procedures and systems to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company;
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with stakeholders including but not limited to shareholders, business partners and authorities;
- Leverage existing networks and contacts to build relationships for future business opportunities and source potential clients;
- Set, monitor and control operational budgets and risk management;
- Review and verify contract documents of projects for completeness;
- Nominate project team leaders.
- Approve all claims and variation orders submissions.
- Provide training and support on critical processes.
- Desire for continuous improvement and learning from and acting upon other ideas.
|Qualification / Experience|
- A degree holder in engineering / construction related disciplines preferably with Professional Engineer (PE) qualification.
- Currently taking a position 2-3 levels below CEO in a large local contractor business or 1-2 levels below CEO in a medium-sized contractor business.
- 20 years’ experience in Singapore construction, preferably with Class A contractor experience spanning civil / infrastructure / private residential / commercial / industrial sectors.
- A thorough understanding of construction and building legal and statutory requirements
- Strong connections with supply chain, including clients, consultants and subcontractors.
- Conversant with labour issues and market trends in Singapore construction.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Overseas travel as required.
Please send your CV email@example.com