To oversee Morgan Facilities Management (Hard Services) in Hong Kong and support Property Operations functions across the region.
The scope of the position includes the management of the maintenance and repair of all M&E equipment, including critical systems; building fabrics and materials maintenance and carries direct responsibility for ensuring full service delivery to the Firm. The position holder is also responsible for managing risk associated with all elements the M&E services within the built environment.
Through a team of outsourced service partners all related contracts will be managed effectively and in accordance with budgets and targets. Agreed autonomy and budget levels will allow decision-making processes to be completed in a timely manner, consistent with the service level needs of the business and in line with Asia Property Operations policy.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
Preventive and Re-active Maintenance
- Oversee all engineering infrastructure and engineering services across the managed locations ensuring that Property Operations maintenance contractors operate in an effective manner and in compliance with rules and guidelines, thereby minimizing risk and protecting the Firm and its franchise.
- Manage preventive and reactive maintenance programs and supervise vendors providing such services. Enforce access requirements for vendors working on critical electrical, UPS, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, and other related systems.
- Assist in the implementation of critical engineering system monitoring as well as building emergency response and escalation procedures.
- Support the Firm’s intent that Engineering and Critical Systems Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to by the Property and Engineering maintenance vendors employed.
- Take the lead role in managing, supporting, and communicating critical incidents across the region, where business may be exposed to risk arising from down-time of critical systems.
- Participate in the Technology Change Management approval process as first line approver for responsible locations
Utilities and Energy Management
- Monitor energy consumption and provide monthly management reports on consumption trends and costs.
- Engage in the development of initiatives across the region to improve energy efficiency.
- Execute on Corporate Services environmental initiatives.
Equipment Life Cycle Management / Design Engagement
- Proactively contribute to Morgan Stanley’s Property Management engineering design and strategic development. Recommend design modifications and/or enhance maintenance regimes to eliminate system deficiencies and improve system reliability.
- Manage and control life cycle documentation for the managed locations accurately reflecting cost and time period for system/component replacement.
Health and Safety Management
- Execute on the Health & Safety programme and ensure full compliance with Health & Safety legislation and any changes thereto.
- Drive Health and Safety culture and behaviours by being an active member of the Health and Safety Committee.
Administration – Finance, Process, Risk, Vendor and Contract Management
- Manage and control all aspects of financial expenditure and reporting for all areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the development and management of the budget process for all offices’ expenditures within the defined areas of responsibility.
- Manage the contractor work force through a structure of Service Level Agreements and performance targets. Encourage key contract staff to seek and deliver methods of improving service quality and reducing costs.
- Manage the Firm’s exposure to business risk by continuously reviewing operational and maintenance procedures to eliminate single points of failure.
- Assist with programmes to audit performance and undertake benchmarking comparisons, providing advice on the delivery of “best in class” services to the Firm.
- Qualified to degree standard or higher in a Facilities Management, Engineering and/or Building Services discipline with 5 years plus experience. Should have worked within the M&E industry with experience of both contracting and client-side roles.
- Previous experience in Investment Banking/Financial Services would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client service skills.
- IT literate: intermediate to advanced software skills including MS Office package, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Project and Calendar.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org