We represent a number of developers and contractors who currently have a need for construction managers and project managers for a number of new build and fitout projects. Positions available in Hong Kong, PRC and Macau.
The Construction Manager is responsible for the ensuring successful on-site delivery of the Project he / she is assigned from Pre-Construction, Construction through Post-Construction. The duties listed below are typical components of a Construction Managers role but please note that the duties are not limited to these tasks, as different projects and client requirements need flexibility to the delivery and management model. In addition he / she must ensure that the relationship with the Client and other parties involved in each Project is being perpetuated leading to further works.
- The Construction Manager's specific duties are to ensure that:-
- Has a thorough understanding of the project scope, contractual arrangement and financial parameters we have entered into.
- Ensures Projects are properly resourced with Personnel and that each staff member is clear as to the function on the project and the Company's goals in relation to the each Project Budget and Programme are being achieved.
- Obtaining as Built drawings from the relevant parties for distribution to contractors and consultants.
- Preparation of construction management organisation chart, identify key positions, prepare mobilisation coordination with the PM
- Assists in the preparation of the construction schedule in conjunction with the contractors with details of specific activities and respective dates of completion.
- Sub-Contractors & Suppliers are vetted and qualified and have the proper resources for the project.
- Financial Control is executed on each of his project is in relation to General Conditions Costs, Preliminaries Costs, Sub-Contractor Claims and compensation for extra works.
- Up to date Reports are being distributed in a timely fashion for each project.
- Superior quality levels are being achieved on each project through rigorous site inspection and off-site factory inspection.
- Sub-Contractors & Suppliers are being managed daily so that their work is proceeding in the right sequence.
- Sites are presented in a professional manner company's corporate standards.
- All statutory obligations are being adhered to in relation to Health Safety & Environment.
- Accepting delivery and arranging storage, protection and security for all materials, system and equipment.
- Project Close-out is conducted on each project seamlessly including punch list completion O&M Manual preparation, As-Built Drawing preparation, Warranty / Guarantee preparation.
- The Construction Manager reports directly to the Project Manager.
Daily progress reporting is to be issued to PM advising on progress made, daily issue, risk issues and contractor attendance.
- Degree in related subject and minimum 10 years experience.
- Chartered status (pref but not essential) , RPE, MHKIE, MCIOB, MISTRUCTE
- Language skills must include Cantonese and English (Mandarin for PRC)
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org